The Youth2030 Strategy includes five key areas of change
António Guterres, United Nations (UN) secretary-general, launched the Youth2030 strategy yesterday with the goal of putting the ideas of the world’s 1.8-billion young people into action.
“Empowering young people, supporting them, and making sure they can fulfil their potential are important ends in themselves,” he said, adding that the group faces growing pressures due to globalization, new technologies, displacement, shrinking civic space, changing labour markets and climate impacts.
To ensure young people are included into the decision-making process around the world, the UN has identified five key areas of change, as quoted below:
- Opening new routes to involve young people and amplify their voices.
- Strengthening the UN’s focus on their accessing education and health services.
- Placing their economic empowerment at the fore of development strategies, with a focus on training and jobs.
- Working to ensure their rights, and civic and political engagement.
- Prioritizing support for young people in conflict and in humanitarian crises, including their participation in peace processes.
At Christian Children’s Fund of Canada, we believe in giving children and youth a voice. We’re working closely with colleagues, partners and communities to create opportunities for children and youth to be involved in decisions at different levels, including planning, designing and monitoring our programs; and discussions at government meetings, councils and forums to tackle deep-rooted barriers to change, such as violence against children, child labour and child marriage.
Visit out gift catalogue to see how you can support youth today.
Sharing is caring:
About Christian Children’s Fund of Canada:
Christian Children’s Fund of Canada works globally to support children and youth who dream of a better world. For nearly 60 years, we’ve brought together diverse people and partnerships, driven by a common belief: education extends beyond the walls of a classroom and is the most powerful tool children can use to change their world. We focus on breaking barriers preventing access to inclusive, quality education for all, especially girls.